Pretty simple and reliable market founded in mid-2020. XMR and BTC supported.
- XMR accepted
- XMR/BTC instant exchange
- Old design compared to other markets
- Vendor bond is too high
The world of darknet markets is treacherous, but it presents you with the keys to an abundance of otherwise inaccessible things. Therefore, a trustworthy trading platform here is as desired as an oasis in the desert, and as elusive as it as well.
There are a few reputable marketplaces that became beacons of hope to wandering buyers. Due to its ability to combine safety with usability, Tor2Door is among these selected few. Yet, let’s not jump to conclusions and see if it deserves this reputation.
Tor2Door Address & Mirrors
Main onion URL:
Tor2Door Market Overview
|Languages||English, German, Spanish|
|Escrow (traditional & multisig)||Yes|
|Finalize Early (FE)||Yes (the 30/70 option is also available)|
|Direct (wallet-free) payments||Yes|
|Accepted cryptocurrencies||Bitcoin (BTC) & Monero (XMR)|
|Cryptocurrency exchange||Yes (2% commission)|
|Automatic order info encryption||Yes|
|2-factor authentication with PGP encryption||Yes (mandatory for vendors)|
|Vendor bond||$500 (non-refundable, can be waived for established vendors)|
Many people discovered that bringing a knife to a gunfight is not the wisest of possible ideas in a hard way. You have the luxury of learning from your predecessors’ mistakes. Thus, it’s in your best interests to treat the rules of preserving your safety and anonymity in the dark web with due diligence:
- Never access the links from an unreliable source. You can get the list of working mirrors from the Tor2Door official portal
- During the registration process for the Tor2Door website, you’ll have to create a username, a password, and a PIN (for withdrawals). Make sure that it has no connection to your real-life persona. Then you’ll see a mnemonic: it’s a line of random letters and numbers that you need to save because this is your essential identity proof in case of account restoration.
- On paper, your credentials (including mnemonic) might look like an incantation that will make no sense to an uninitiated person. Yet, you should treat it as a dangerous spell: lock it in your safest place away from the eyes of people with malicious intents.
- As soon as you’re finished with the registration process and logged into your account for the first time, go to Security Settings and enter your PGP key, then enable 2-factor authentication. Now, every time you sign in, you’ll have to use your PGP keys to decode the system’s encrypted message. The good news is that any criminal mind will have to go through the process as well. This means that your account becomes more secure with just a couple of clicks.
- Always keep your darknet life apart from your casual browsing. For instance, you can install a dedicated operating system with enhanced privacy capabilities, such as Tails or Whonix, to avoid any intersections.
- Educate yourself on vital aspects of navigating the darknet ecosystem. Luckily, platforms like Dread or Reddit can help you dig up plenty of information on operations security or cryptocurrency transactions.
Tor2Door Features & Security
As you might have grasped from the tips above, buying something on a darknet marketplace can be a challenging and demanding task. Tor2Door endeavors to make the neophytes’ adaptation easier. Naturally, due to the platform’s illegal nature, it will not be as effortless as purchasing a new pair of shoes on Amazon, but you will be jumping through a lesser number of hoops.
|The site was developed by experienced and knowledgeable professionals who understand how crucial regular checkups are. Hence, security breaches are rare and minor issues are usually resolved within less than a couple of hours.||Direct payments alongside traditional and multisig escrow options allow decreasing the chance of losing your money due to exit scams or other misfortunes.||Although manual encryption of order details and personal data is more secure, inexperienced shoppers might prefer to rely on the automated built-in instrument first.|
|Mandatory 2FA for vendors & comparatively high vendor bond (+ relatively strict requirements for recruiting experienced sellers or granting FE permissions).||You can pay for your order with XMR, which exhibits advanced privacy traits compared to other cryptocurrencies.||Jabber/XMPP notifications will speed up communication.|
|PGP encryption (with the ability to enable 2FA for buyers).||Cryptocurrency exchange permits users to swap coins casually and smoothly.||Non-native English speakers will be pleasantly surprised that the site’s interface is multilingual. You can also switch to German and Spanish.|
Tor2Door Shopping Process
Tor2Door took upon itself a mission to simplify the shopping process as much as possible without undermining security, and, in most aspects, succeeded in accomplishing it.
Searching for Products
It has an extensive selection of filters that will assist you in finding the products or services you came here for, including:
- product type;
- payment method;
- accepted coins;
- ships from/to.
However, let’s not forget that contemporary darknet markets tend to have standards. Thus, there are certain products that the administration excluded from the list of acceptable listings.
|Permitted Items||Banned Goods & Services|
|Drugs & chemicals (cannabis, benzodiazepine, dissociative & prescription drugs, ecstasy, stimulants, opioids, psychedelics, etc.) Fraud (bank & personal accounts, CVV & cards, etc.) Digital Products (software, guides & tutorials, accounts, erotica, e-books, etc.) Counterfeit Items (jewelry, IDs & passports, clothing, etc.) Jewels & gold; Services (e.g., carding) Software & hosting (software & malware, hosting, VPN, SOCKS, etc.)||anything that causes harm to living creatures (poisons, weapons, murder services, terrorism, etc.); prostitution or child pornography; fentanyl or related substances; COVID-19 vaccines, cures, or similar services.|
Word of Advice
Before you place your order, remember to check that both seller and product match your requirements in terms of shipping/refund policy, available quantity, rating (of course, it should be high), and reviews (they should be positive as well). You might also want to take a look at when the vendor was last seen online. If it was recently, you have a decent chance for a smooth acquisition process.
Plus, if you’re not using a direct (wallet-free) payment option, you have to make a deposit to your built-in wallet in advance:
- Go to your wallet and select the cryptocurrency you prefer (keep in mind that monero is considered a safer option, yet it is not suitable for multisig payments).
- Click on the ‘Verify address’ button or use your preferred PGP client to prove that the generated address is valid and that you’re not getting phished.
- Use the link for transferring the money.
Of course, if you intend on making a transaction from your digital wallet directly, ensure that it has enough funds to cover all the expenses. In addition, if you plan to place multisig orders, you have to set up this feature’s settings first:
- Open ‘BTC Multisig Settings’.
- Access your digital wallet and find the address you intend to use for shopping here.
- Copy its public key and insert it in the corresponding field of your market settings.
- Repeat the procedure with the address of your wallet.
- Due to the nature of multisig transactions, you’ll need your private key to sign finalized and refunded orders. Hence, store it someplace safe.
Placing an Order
Provided you pay for your purchases using a traditional escrow or finalize early option, the process is quite straightforward:
- Add the chosen products/services to the cart (it is permitted to add multiple products from different vendors).
- Open your cart, make changes if necessary, and proceed to checkout.
- Choose the currency you prefer, encrypt your shipping information, and enter your PIN to confirm the order.
This is the part where things might get twisted, but it’s still not rocket science, you just need to stay concentrated throughout the process:
- Choose ‘Buy with Multisig’ instead of ‘Add to cart’.
- Press the ‘Pay with Multisig’ button.
- Encrypt your shipping details, enter your PIN, and confirm the order.
- Get a payment address and use it to transfer the necessary sum within 6 hours, or the link will expire.
Delivery & Finalizing Orders
Essentially, the platform’s administration holds your money in escrow for 14 days in case of physical orders and 48 hours in case of digital ones. The only difference between the traditional and multisig options is that the latter requires 2 out of 3 signatures (buyer, seller, and market) to move the funds. As a result, your chances of getting a refund if something unfortunate happens (e.g., an exit scam) grow insurmountably.
The general rule is to finalize the order after you receive your package and confirm that everything matches your expectations. Still, you might boost the pace of this process by picking an FE option. In this case, your order will be finalized right after the seller marks it as shipped. This one might be swift, but it is also risky. Therefore, you should turn to it only with the vendors you trust, and under no circumstances should you order from someone who pushes you into finalizing your order early without an FE status.
Socrates was wise to admit that all he knows is that he knows nothing. As history teaches darknet users, no marketplace should be bold enough to say that they are here to stay. Even the best of these platforms decided to gracefully retire after a while. Yet, there are certain few that you can approach with a well-balanced mixture of caution and trust. These are the ones you should opt for, and Tor2Door is definitely one of them.